Monday, May 4, 2009

Online dating...?

I met this guy online, but because he lives in another state, we haven't met. We've recently started talking on the phone, but it's been hard to catch each other because of the time difference and because we have jobs and stuff. He usually calls me when it's late at night for me and by that time, I'm usually asleep. From what I know about him (I do understand the dangers of online dating), I really like him and we get along well. I'll try to call him the next day before I go to work, but he's usually not able to answer. I don't like games, but if he calls me, should I always return his call as soon as I'm able or does that seem too desperate? Or does he just usually need to try calling me again or should I wait a couple of days before I call him???

Online dating...?
I'm glad you asked this question. I've been on his side of this.... sort of. Yes, call him back when you have a chance. Don't play games it just runs us off because we start seeing you as flaky and unreliable. Life does get in the way sometimes so just work around each others schedules as best as you can. Also in my opinion, online dating is no worse for safety than meeting the guy in the produce isle of the grocery store. Either way you really don't know him yet.
Reply:I would treat him like you would any other person. Personally, I return calls as soon as I can if I have missed them if I don't think the other person is busy. I don't think that is desperate- just polite.


No comments:

Post a Comment