Monday, May 4, 2009

Online dating?

Has it really ever worked for anyone? Do you find it weird?





I met this guy online who went to the same highschool as me (i'm a college sophmore). Our highschool is huge, so I've never seen him before. Anyways, we've been talking a lot %26amp; from what I can tell, I might actually have a crush on him. When I checked to make sure he's legit, I found out he hangs out with the really popular kids (which is why we've probably never met). I'm not a loser, but I'm definitely not "popular".





I don't know what to do. He's asking me to hang out with him on spring break.





Do you think our previous social circles will affect anything? How can I make hanging out not-akward? And I feel so weird that we talked online before meeting in person. How can I get over the taboo opinion I have of people who do that?





I'm old fashioned when it comes to dating. HELP!

Online dating?
I've had great luck with online dating (met my now-fiance on a networking website originally and then years later re-met on a dating site) but I think it's a lot different when you're older and don't have a "place" like a high school in common. It would probably be like meeting someone online and find out you both work for the same huge corporation.





I'm not saying it will be easy, but it doesn't have to be hard either. I think the popular/unpopular thing is highly overrated (and will be pretty much over for you once you leave high school - it's just not as relevant once you get into university) so I see no issue with "crossing the clique lines" so to speak.





I'd spend some time getting to know him (in person as well as online) solo before hanging out with either of your circles of friends. That way you can have a good foundation to begin with before you let others' opinions influence your minds.





Best of luck.
Reply:This kind of reminds me of the movie "A Cinderella Story" because of the clicks and how their high school is huge and they've never met because of their social circles, except they are still in high school and hes a football player and shes the "diner girl" and it just causes alot of turmoil between their friends. So you should watch that and honestly, I dont think there is anything to really worry about. Just hang out, and see what happens, but be careful, go somewhere out in public because if something does happen you wont be alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment