Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Online dating question?

We were matched on eharmony and have been exchanging e-mails since mid December. He is 39 and I’m 34 both single educated professionals. Both living in the Caribbean but on different islands.We have swopped photos and exchanged texts..nothing too deep or hot and heavy. We want to meet and he plans to fly to me though nothing concrete.Its going good.He wants to ‘get to know me’ online and then to meet and for there to already be some closeness so that if there is physical chemistry then the relationship can progress smoother and faster. We are looking for life partners so the search while fun has a real intention. I need advice because I feel uncomfortable opening up too much to a man that is likely to be having simultaneous online or maybe in person relationships..I am easier with him coming to meet me as us still strangers.This is partly cultural as multi – dating is not part of my culture, I cant ‘play’ with men and feel uncomfortable even cyber dating with someone who doesn’t hold real regard for me.Am I making sense? I feel like telling him I cant continue and it’s a shame because there is a real interest and attraction in photos with us.I feel nervous to tell him how I feel about ‘multi dating’ as I realize culturally that we come from different angles and it will seem simply too much or possessive from his angle.He will think I am nuts and I’m not..just genuine..Help..

Online dating question?
Well you should definitely follow through and give it a chance, just move at your own pace and if he really likes you he will slow down and adjust, and be sensitive to your needs. Communicate to him how you feel and make sure you are very clear about them to him.





You have to able to compromise if you are truly going to give someone a chance outside of your culture, if you are too stuck in your ways you may need to find someone just like you, but your making this choice for yourself, not based off logic.





If you explain to him everything you feel about this situation then im sure you will get your answer from him, that is satisfactory for you to move on. He won't think your nuts if you explain it to him. But you do need to give him a chance to make that commitment with you, by at least meeting you and spending some time with you. Asking someone to make that decision before any real chemistry has been made is kind of a hard throw.





Life to me is about being open and taking reasonable risk, and if you don't play, you can't win.


No comments:

Post a Comment