Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Online dating experiences?

Hi, I realise that online dating still has a lot of stigma attached - that's its for freaks, desperate people, it's unsafe, etc. But I have had a positive experience dating online (I met my current boyfriend through RSVP.com.au) . We've been together almost a year. I found online dating to be a lot easier than normal - you can search for exactly the kind of person you want. It's simpler and faster than hoping against hope that your soul mate happens to be in the bar you are at on any given night. Of course, there is always being safe - my man and I chatted for a couple of months before we met, and had our dates in public places, told other people where we were going etc. RSVP actually gives you safety guidelines for meeting people in the real world - so it was nice to have some tips. Turned out my man was just like I though he was from his profile ... we're very happy together. Does anyone else have some positive or negative online dating experiences they want to share?

Online dating experiences?
Ive been a system admin for internet sites for as long as its been internet. Ive had alot of involvement in this subject long before there were even official sites for it.





One answer that is kindof fun is like this:


"You dont know if they are really young, or really blonde, or really have those stats, or really even female"


"Oh yeah? Have you been to a bar recently?"





Most of the people who put down online dating consider bars or dance clubs to be the mostly likely alternative. But give them a hard time about not being able to really chat with the person, and taking them home. Then when they start taking stuff off you find out that they arent really young, arent really blonde, dont really have those stats, and arent even female.





Sure people can fake things online. But over a period of time you tend to really get to know the person. Its not infallable but its not a total failure either, and real-world meetings arent always perfect either.
Reply:I met my now boyfriend from YAHOO PERSONALS I don't believe in online dating..But..When I met him I did! We met in person this month.His from Italy and I'm from USA..His in miltary and he came to USA to visit family and friends not to visit me..since..I happen to live same place where his friends are! Get this.We talked since.May 2007 and met September technically we have been together 2 months! WTF..His back home..and he does not e-mail me or call me! His like avoiding me and he won't add me on his YAHOO IM..I feel so sad..and betrayed if his cheating on me or going to break up with me..I feel now used! Until he clears things between us! We had Unprotected SEX! AND I was taking birthcontrol but forgot to take 4 pills OOPS and I;m freaking out..that Might be PREGENT! I won't know anything UNTIL i TAKE THE TEST ASAP! yeah..and his avoiding me is not good! at all...I hope he comes to his senses..I have his number but only answering machine..that would suck if he does change his number! I hope his reading this okay.I email him almost every day..I regret not having protection I wish I could change time..


No comments:

Post a Comment